05 February 2011

I plead guilty...

05 February 2011
to being the biggest shopaholic. Even though I don't have an income anymore I still find ways to go shopping and get my buying new clothes fix. When I was coming home from a trip once a friend and I were in the New York City airport. If you've ever been in there, it's like a mini mall. So while I was shopping my friend turned to me and said, "have you ever seen that shopaholic movie? Cause you remind me of..." That's all I needed to hear to know where she was heading. My addiction is no secret; I love shopping. There is no better feeling than getting new clothes.
I lied. Getting new clothes and figuring out how to wear them is the best feeling. Every Sunday night I spend time picking out my outfits for the week and trying out all the different ways to wear a piece. After I do this weekly ritual, it looks like my closet exploded all over my room. It's not a very good habit but I love picking out outfits and finding how many ways I could wear it. This all leads to what happened to me a couple days ago. Last weekend my mom and I went shopping and since I'm dirt poor she was willing to buy me a new dress. It's not that I needed this new dress, since I own over 30 dresses, but it was a really good deal that it would be a crime to pass up. We found it at Kohl's for $12 when it was originally around $60. Score! Since I have several floral dresses just like this one I thought was the perfect opportunity to put my styling habit to work. Here's an example of how a dress can be worn many ways and how much accessories can influence the look.



Causal: Over sized cardigan, ballet flats, matching tied belt. Hair: Simple bread ponytail Perfect for: Meeting the parents, Coffee break, Baking cupcakes

Edgy: Leather jacket, heels Hair: Messy Perfect for: Concert, Date night, Party
Preppy: Trench coat, flats, tights (even though I'm not wearing them tights bring the look together) Hair: swapped up Perfect for: Rainy day, Bookstore shopping, Pretending to be Blair Waldorf

From dressing up to down, I love how, in fashion, one piece can have three, five, or even ten ways to wear it. Take any style and make it fit into every occasion so that the heads will be turning and the clothes still swaying the right way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10