18 February 2011

When you forsake the lives of others you only forsake your own

18 February 2011
In Matthew 5:46-47, Jesus speaks on a message that's really been on my heart lately. The bible reads, "46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that?" To me, that's powerful. What more are am I doing? I can go to church, read my Bible, and check Jesus off my list but how is God's mercy influencing me? For the past three years, I've had a idea to create my own clothing line to help eliminate violence against women. It is truly my biggest dream to be a founder of a non-profit organization and personally, it would be my way of doing more with life and serving others.  Even though, this passion festers in my heart I've found other non-profit organizations that I fully support.
1. Trade as one "Fair trade seeks to transform the lives of poor producers in the developing world by enabling them to use their skills and resources to work their way out of poverty. "
2. Love 146 "The abolition of child sex slavery and exploitation."
3. The I-Heart Revolution  "The purpose  is insirpation, awareness and connection."
4. Charity: water "bringing clean, safe drinking water to people in developing nations."

Taking simple steps, such as visiting a couple sites, can be major in the big picture. Buy a t-shirt, get educated, and raise awareness is just the beginning.  I don't claim to know all the answers or be a expect. However, there a lot more I could be doing from my hometown to helping others around the world. So can everyone else. We are all in this together and nothing changes when nothing changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10