16 February 2011

A few of my favorite things

16 February 2011




1.Ihop I think Ihop tastes better in the late hours of the night. I would never pass up an opportunity to go have a plate of fries at midnight. I partly feel like I'm cheating on Village Inn but sometimes those chocolate chip pancakes are too hard to ignore.
2. Strange Obsessions I feel a little less crazy when I meet others who have strange obsessions. I mean the whole infatuation with frozen yogurt comes to a smaller extent when I see people talk about their "can't live withouts." A very good friend of mine in yearbook is in love with orange soda and not just any brand but Crush. So when we went to Walmart and we saw that a four pack was on sale for an dollar he flipped. It was the same reaction I would have when discovering a new frozen yogurt place and I don't feel alone anymore.
3. Aprons I believe aprons are one of the best parts of baking, besides eating yummy treats of course. I once found a apron in an antique store that had a soft color of pink, little Eiffel Tower pattern, and two big, black bows. This apron screamed Melanie and when my mom bought it for me for my sixteenth birthday, my collection began. However, my best friend Jenelle has a beautiful hand made one that I've had my eye since Jr high. Every time we bake at her house that apron is first and foremost.
4. Fun people There's a girl in my youth ministry with the same name as me. At first, I hated the thought of another Melanie walking around on my turf. So when this younger version of me walked into my life I couldn't bear the thought of a second Mel. However, Melanie is such a positive force of energy, my life would be dark without her. She is such a fun, open women of God and I'm so thankful for her and her willingness to try new things. Such as, my Zumba class, that she was so open to try with me. She makes experiences and situations better.
5. Quality time this past Sunday after church a couple of the females leaders and I sat outside one of their homes and talked. Talked about past camps, funny stories, and life lessons. It's refreshing to spend time with the women whose words, lives, and actions impact my relationship with Jesus and myself on a weekly bases.
6. Surprises I love, love surprises so much. Well I don't like them so much when I know when they're coming but a good surprise is the best. I always subconsciously feel as if a surprise is around the corner that's how much I love them. Once again my good friend Kavita surprised me with a tiny box with a cupcake inside. It's awesome to have such great friends who have good taste in cupcakes.




It's been such a fabulous week full of fun, laughter, and growth. Lately, I've been working extra hard on improving myself and working on my 2011 goals. I've learned a lot about myself and I really love where my life is heading. I know for a fact that things are about to get crazy but if I've gained anything from this past week is the knowledge that no matter I go in life God is moving in all directions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10