31 December 2012

How to make best friend mugs

31 December 2012
I love Christmas gift giving because when it comes to presents for friends it's all do it yourself. This year I made painted mugs for my two best friends. It's hard since each of us live in three different states for school. So I thought it would be appropriate to decorate mugs showing how much I miss them. It's really simple. All I used was three white mugs and a black paint pen; sharpie works as well. After I free handed the outline of our individual states, I cooked the mugs in the oven for thirty minutes at 300 degrees. This makes the pen permanent and glassware dishwasher safe. I wouldn't recommend free handing like I did because I really regret how "Denver" turned out on my mug. However, my best friends loved the mugs and I cannot wait to use mine back home.  











 

2 comments:

  1. those mugs are the greatest things. such a good idea. you guys are fun friends!

    ReplyDelete

09 10