03 June 2011

Graduation update

03 June 2011
At the beginning of the year I set goals for myself before I graduated high school. Now that it's been a week since I left Mountain View, I look back on what I did and didn't do.


1.Give a killer speech at my mom's wedding check. My favorite part of my mom's wedding was when she told me at the very end of the night that my toast made her wedding perfect. Needless to say, that made my night.
2.Graduate with a 3.5+ I got my report card in the mail yesterday and barley missed the mark. I blame senior laziness.
3.Take an awesome senior trip I never got my trip but I am going to Mexico for a week real soon so I guess that counts.
4.Make Dahlya the sickest graduation present I spend four months making her grad present. It was a lot of fun trading gifts. I made her a twenty minute video of the timeline of our friendship. She surprised me with a video reenacting important scenes from our friendship. I never laughed so hard. I love my best friend
5.Give a speech at graduation At least I tried
6.Make my prom dress Alright, story time. I couldn't find a pattern I liked. With that, I randomly bought a dress thinking that would be it. When I tried it on for a friend she noticed it was the same dress she wore to winter formal. That same day we went driving when I saw a hole in the wall dress store. There I found my dream dress and forgot about my goal to make one. However, mine had pockets so it all worked out.
7.Volunteer at a soup kitchen Instead I volunteer at a home for children. I start in two weeks.
8.Find someone to take my spot at Central I've learned over the past couple months that students come and go through student ministry but the impact of their influence never leaves. I know Lindsay Project will only excel in the years to come.
9.Have a yearbook signing party with all my friends Not yet, it's in the works however I got everyone I ever wanted to sign my beautiful book so I'm good.

Even though, it feels as if I didn't achieve any of my goals, I hope that the acting of trying and putting myself out there makes up for my faults and failures.

1 comment:

  1. <3 wait, you forgot #10 (we all know what THAT is)

    ReplyDelete

09 10