19 June 2011

To the fearless father, the strong step dad and the ones not related

19 June 2011
Seven years ago at my dad's wedding
I remember a time when I was about eight my sister came to visit my dad and I. When we went out to dinner the balloon man at the restaurant made each of us a giant hat. However, that same night when we rented a movie my dad wore this hat into the Blockbuster. It was my first memory of my fearless father. From then on he would constantly tell jokes to strangers, come to my elementary school to do magic shows and do stand up numbers at the dinner table. The night before I went skydiving, my dad told me he wished he could be right there next to me as I took that leap. Through our rocky relationship, my dad always taught me to be fearless. With every worry I've ever had, my dad has comforted me by the fact if I were to fail or fall short that life goes on. He, most importantly, taught me that there's never anything to fear. I will always remember my dad saying that he daily goal is to make someone day and this positive, fearless attitude is what I'll keep close to my heart. 
Four months ago at my mom's wedding
My step dad is a man who I am proud to introduce to everyone in my life. His spirit for adventure and protective nature is just a few attributes that I admire about him. Most importantly, the way he loves God, his family and others makes me honored to be his step daughter.
One month ago at graduation
This picture shows just some out of the many male leaders at my church who have been a father type role model in my life. Each leader at my church has been such a powerful influence in my life. Supporting me by always looking out for my best interest, protecting me by hunting down any boy that broke my heart and guiding me by giving me the best advice in all areas of my life. I am really thankful for all the dads in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10