16 March 2011

Eight years in counting

16 March 2011
"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16 is the most famous Bible verse ever. It's on posters, quoted in all regards, and even featured on the bottom of Forever 21 bags. This verse means so much more to me than words that are constantly reprinted. Not only is it the verse that marks my faith but it marks when I was baptized. On March 16th I was baptized in the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. This date is so important to me because it's the anniversary of the relationship I know is the most beautiful. This March 16th will be my eight year anniversary (too bad Hallmark doesn't make cards that say 'hey congrats on loving Jesus')  I can hardly believe just eight short years ago I began the most incredible journey. Having a personal relationship with Jesus is the reason I hold this date so dear to me. I look back on the little girl I was when I was baptized in the old Central Christian building and think how much has changed since then. Since then, Central opened two more campus and remodel the mesa building while I went through several pastor changes in my youth ministry. Along with that, my relationships with my church family grew and I gained never ending support system. Through it all, the consuming, graceful love from Jesus is still the same it was eight years ago. Everyday I fail, God still loves. Everyday I live with my issues, God still shines. Everyday I wake just to praise and glorify a truly amazing God. I pray that each day that turns into each year the love God overflows can be shown in my actions, words, and attitude in daily life. I look back to my life with Jesus and how I wouldn't trade anything for being in Him arms. Thankful doesn't begin to explain my gratitude to my God, his perfect plan, and the small moments where he has taught me the most. To me, the past eight years were just the beginning. The beginning of discovering the world He created. The beginning of a Acts 29 ministry. The beginning of a deep, satisfying relationship. Here is to the next eight and the years to follow that. "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us." Ephesians 3:20

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10