21 March 2011

A few of my favorite things: Spring Break Edition

21 March 2011






1. Longboarding Accidents I love longboarding. It's my sport right next to shopping and it's my form of exercise. However, what I love more than longboarding is longboarding accidents. The first time I went riding down a hill I got a huge bump in the middle of my forehead when I fell. This didn't stop me. Years later I still take my board out everyday. I am lucky cause one of my best friends is willing to go to new places to longboard with me. We were riding up a hill in a quiet neighborhood in a red mountain district when I tripped and face planted on the street over nothing. I love my battle scars but the story of how I fall over nothing is even better. I should most likely take it easy on the hills till after my mom's wedding.
2. Teen Vogue and Sex& The City In the midst of my super busy week I set aside a day just to be overly lazy. I dedicated this PJ day to my two loves; fashion&Carrie Bradshaw. I swear Sex and the City is the only movie and show I can watch over and over again while marking up the latest issue of my favorite magazine.
3. Glitter Cupcakes Thankfully, I have super awesome leaders at my church who introduce me to glitter cupcakes. These red velvet cupcakes are full of sparkle and fun. I may love them more then regular cupcakes cause everyone deserves a little shine in their lives.
4. Taco Tuesday  Come to think of it, I have a ton of great leaders at church who feed me. My mom was talking the other night saying that she is gratefully for Jackie, Lori, and Jeannie always making sure I am never starving. However, Tuesdays are my favorite. Jeannie has the annual taco Tuesday and since I am usually the only that comes I never turn down seconds.
5. Grasshopper Pie One of the many reasons why I miss working at Village Inn is the seasonal Mint Brownie Blast pie. It's smooth, sweet, and perfect. Perfect in the fact that I had a piece on St. Patricks Day. Yes, my desserts correspond with holidays. Don't hate.
6. Lori's House Dang, I love my church moms. I'm starting to realize how much I hang out (or crash) at their houses. This is why when I woke up Thursday morning and Lori texted me to come over I was so stoked. I love hanging out with this family because they never cease to be more than church leaders in my life. Like usual, Amanda made her homemade apple pie while Lori, Mel, and I talked the night aways. The Hutchins are one of my favorite family.
7. Girls Out Night The church hosted a Girl Night Out event where I basically eat my weight in popcorn. Otherwise, I had the greatest time with some of the cutest girls in the high school ministry.


I officially declare Spring Break 2011 the best one I've ever had. With Monday slowly approaching I realize how much little time I have left in High School. As God is moving and working the most in these moments my emotions are running wild. With this, I keep calm with the lyrics of one my favorite songs. "Oh this is going to be the good life...sometimes there's airplanes I can't jump out but please tell me whats there to complain about." Honestly, my head has not stopped spinning in the last week and as much as I want to call out for help I know in my heart this change is good. As much as I don't want the things that are happening to happen moving forward is a natural direction for a Christian. With the next couple months being the craziest I put three important quotes on the front of my planner.
"To get something you never had you have to do something you never did."
"When God takes something from your grasp He's not punishing you but merely opening your hands to receive something better."
"The Will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10