22 February 2012

Sisterhood of the Traveling Journal

22 February 2012
Meet my two best friends, Kaylie and Dahlya (both bloggers). The unfortunate part about being in college is that I don't get to see them everyday. However, I am so proud of each them. Currently, Kaylie is living in Portland working on a costume design degree while Dahlya is in Pennsylvania earning her theater. They are both talented, beautiful, and the greatest best friends a girl can ask for. 
Over Christmas break, I made both of them a gift inspired by a craft I saw on Pinterest. After painting an canvas with a soft mint green, I placed a picture of Kaylie and I or Dahlya and I. With that, I glued a map of the current states we are living with hearts over the exact location. Finally, I wrote, "no matter how far." 
That brings me to the journal. Yes, my best friends and I having a traveling journal between us. Not jeans-a journal. It's own sisterhood of the traveling journal. We came up this idea not too long ago and I'm not sure why we didn't start it at the beginning of first semester. When we first started the journal, we came up several rules. Here is just a few:
1. Treat the journal like your best friendships; put time into it.
2. Don't drink and journal.
3. When mentioning a boy give a last name so we can FB stalk him but don't add him because that's creepy. But if you become a "in a relationship" type of best friend, all bets are off.
4. You have one month with the journal once you receive it.
5. No pencil- it fades.
6. Tell everything in detail even if you've already blogged about it.
7. "No more rules" -Dahlya
We also have a envelope in the back entitled, "we have other friends too" for our friends at our various schools to write notes.
This is all to say, I got the journal this week and I couldn't be more ecstatic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10