13 February 2012

Hostess with the Mostess

13 February 2012
Valentine's Day is one of my favorite holidays because every year, no matter where I am living, I throw a Valentine's Day tea party. This year I hosted it for all the girls in my building and it was the most amount of work I've ever put into a party. I started planning a little over a month ago (thank you Pinterst) and all my work paid off. The party was flawless and I believe everyone had a lot of fun. As usual, I followed a few steps to make sure the party was done in a classy way. First, the special touches I had this year were endless. From my chalk menu board to hidden decorations, I made sure the party was decorated in all areas. Also, I had several DIY decorations that made the party feel special. Along with that, I made Valentine bags for each girl decorated to their personality. The food was extraordinary. The girls in my building did a great job with making all sorts of treats-especially the cupcakes. Next, the games this year ranged from "Say So"' - a game where a girl picked a card and had to tell a story prompted by the subject, i.e. first crush or worst kiss to romantic movie catch phase. It was so cute the girls picked Mr. Darcy and Mr. Knightely as team names. Finally, I had pin the lips on Tim Tebow (it's a Colorado thing) and a photo booth with several fun props. The party was fabulous with continual love songs playing in the background while a slideshow I made of some our best photos as a building was on loop on the television. We ended the party by watching Valentine's Day and now I have several yummy treats in my kitchen. Happy early Valentine's Day!
    Lamentations 3:22-24 The unfailing love of the LORD never ends! By his mercies we have been kept from complete destruction. Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each day. I say to myself, "The LORD is my inheritance; therefore, I will hope in him!

1 comment:

  1. This is so impressive and makes me want an apartment! Ah!!!!! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete

09 10