19 February 2012

Road Trippin

19 February 2012
Over the weekend, I traveled to one of my favorite places Kansas City. I went for a short trip last semester and fell in love with the city. From the BBQ to the atmosphere, I could be in KC every weekend. Not only was spending the weekend in Kansas adventurous but the drive getting there was as well. As my friends and I took the nine hour drive, we didn't know what to expect. However, it turned into one of the best road trips. As our group was about a hour from our destination, my brand new car had a tire blow out. So there we were, five college students on the side of the highway. As the boys tried to prove their manhood, a mechanic  thankfully pulled over to help us. Then when we realized we could not get the donut replaced that night, one of the guys drove 40mph down the highway for two hours. It was heroic in a way and after a very long trip we finally made it to Kansas City. 
 So at six the next morning, my best friend and I made our way to the tire replacement store. Ninety five dollars later my car was good as new and our mishap made one good story for the rest of the trip.
Bad start. Fantastic trip. 

1 comment:

  1. okay, this is the best ever. that last picture did it for me.

    ReplyDelete

09 10