30 January 2011

A few of my favorite things

30 January 2011
"if you can't heal yourself first, then you can't heal others."





1. Naked Juice I'm not sure why, but I could drink Naked Juice all day long. It might have do with the fact it's really healthy and yummy at the same time. However, it's expensive and for an unemployed girl, it's not in the budget. So during this week when my mom texted me saying that she bought me some, I squealed for joy a little. I was sick for the first part of a week, which is weird since I never get sick, therefore a cup of Blue Machine would be just what the doctor ordered. However, when I opened up the fridge and saw that my mom had bought a gallon of Naked Juice I instantly felt much better.
2. Watching Gossip Girl and Pretty Little Liars with Kaylie Every Monday I look forward to going over to my friend's house to watch two of our favorite shows. If life were a Gossip Girl episode, I would be Serena and she would be Blair. We are a perfect match and our Monday tradition helps me get through the week.
3. Red Velvet cupcakes First of all, yum; red velvet cupcakes are cupcakes at their finest. I am very to lucky to have Kavita, a good friend of mine, who knows that when I'm upset a cupcake can make up for the tears. It's also a lovely surprise when a little tiny box that contains a cupcake can help you realize how cool your friends are. As Kavita puts it, "Wherever I am, I will always bring you a cupcake. Just saying it again because it's fact and I will, because I love you and who doesn't like a cupcake once in a while!?"
4. Yearbook I will always be thankful for my ybk class and the people in it. In a way, this past week it has been a great therapy session rather than a class. Even though we found out that the school blocked Tumblr from us, I've never laughed, talked, and learned more in a class before. I couldn't picture my school days without these kids and their humor and love in my life.
5. Ice cream for lunch I'm shocked that I didn't have frozen yogurt, but sometimes I cheat and go back to my first love. I'm even more shocked that when I suggested to my best friends that I thought we should get ice cream for lunch that they actually went along with my idea. I'm not shocked even the tinniest bit that when I was getting ice cream my best friends got sandwiches instead and I was left to eat the yummy treat. At least they humor me.

I fully believe that the theme this past week was healing and friendship. I've been watching Sex and the City season six and what is even more fabulous than the clothes on the show is the friendship. Carrie Bradshaw, the main character, has three best friends, Miranda, Charlotte, and Samantha that through all her problems and situations are her soul mates. By the end of each episode, I realize more and more how great my group of close friends are. I'm grateful that I have people in my life who are my safety net when problems occur. Thank you Dahlya, Jenelle, Daria, Kaylie, Chelsea, and Kavita for being my Miranda, Charlotte, and Samantha. There's quote at the end of the last episode said by Carrie that states, "Later that day I got to thinking about relationships. There are those that open you up to something new and exotic, those that are old and familiar, those that bring up lots of questions, those that bring you somewhere unexpected, those that bring you far from where you started, and those that bring you back. But the most exciting, challenging and significant relationship of all is the one you have with yourself. And if you can find someone to love the you you love, well, that’s just fabulous." As I grow and learn more about life and the woman I'm becoming, I know for a fact that my support system loves me no matter what. Even through they can say they will be there for me, more importantly my best friends show through their actions that they will be there for me.

To end, there is one more Carrie quote that I will always carry with me, "They say nothing lasts forever. Dreams change, trends come and go…but friendships never go out of style."

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10