20 January 2011

A few of my favorite things

20 January 2011
"the most important things in the world aren't things."






1. Pomegranate frozen yogurt it's the best and my new favorite flavor.
2. Dariashe has become of my closest friends. She makes my day brighter, I can tell her anything, and she freaks out when a fire truck comes down the street. Strange but funny.
3. Racquetball Thursday this has become one of my new favorite events to look forward to. I love the game, it's a great work out, and when all my friends get together to play we can't stop laughing and having fun.
4. Watching my friends play racquetball now I'm not saying I'm the queen of the racquetball courts however my friends will not being going to the Olympics anytime soon. I love them but their sports skills, or lack of, keeps me laughing all day long.
5. Small Groups this is my church's mid week program and I so love it. We meet as a youth group for hang out time, worship, and an lesson then break off into small groups with students your same grade, gender, and school. However, this semester is different for the seniors. Instead of small group time we meet as a large group of seniors. It is beyond awesome and I pray the rest of the semester goes well. But that's not the best part. As a student leader I show up to church a couple hours early and help set up for that nights event. This is my favorite time of the week. I love greeting all the leaders, helping any way I can, and being at church. Words couldn't even begin to describe how great the people I go to church with are. When I think of the relationships I have there I automatically think of the word of community because that what it truly is. I know, without a doubt, that every single leader at small groups will be there for me no matter what and it was so good to be surrounded by that again. I compare it to the feeling you get when you come home after a long trip and your comfortable bed is there waiting for you. That's why being at church is my favorite.
6. Helping my friends ask their dates to dances Yes, my new nickname is Melanie, the dance queen because I've been helping a lot of my friends ask or answer for school dances. I love it! I get be creative and help others. The best of both worlds in my opinion.



Life is great and I am seriously so happy. I am very too blessed to be stressed about anything and no matter I am still loved by God and I've got some really great relationships in my life. For instance, I got an random note today from a friend who lives in Gilbert that said, "You're beautiful and great and I love and appreciate you." That was my favorite part of my whole day.

Favorites are bombastic.

1 comment:

09 10