01 October 2012

How to make chocolate cupcakes

01 October 2012
A couple weeks ago was one of my good friend's birthdays. Naturally, I wanted to bake his favorite dessert to celebrate. When he said he loved chocolate cupcakes with chocolate frosting, I thought I had a simple task ahead of me. Wrong. The boy I was baking for disliked buttecream frosting and I became reminded of how I much I hated working with cake. However, there was a silver lining to this baking adventure. Once I found the perfect recipe for cream cheese frosting, I attempted to make it for the first time. On top of that, I discovered a way to make cake richer by adding more eggs, melted butter, and milk. When the cupcakes cooled off and the the frosting was ready, I realized that they had turned out to be the best cupcakes I've ever made. All's well that ends well when it comes to birthday cupcakes. To add, a tip I've learned, I use an ice cream scooper to guarantee that each mini cake will be perfect in size. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10